Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

HDR Photography

I am currently learning how to create High Dynamic Range (HDR) pictures. You may wonder, what is HDR Photography? It is when you merge photos that have been taken at different exposures to create a greater dynamic range or in other words be able to see detail in the shadows and highlights that would otherwise be impossible to see with the range that your camera's image sensor would pick up. It is a lengthy process but it creates stunning images. I will be posting my HDR images once I have worked out the kinks. Once I have mastered how to create HDR photos, I will have a post on how to make them, so be sure to follow up! :)
To check out some examples of HDR photos click on the following link http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/03/10/35-fantastic-hdr-pictures/